Saturday, June 24, 2017

Saturday nights forever still??


Everyone chooses a time in life from past, that most comfortable with, and wants to stay in that 'spot' forever, like a ghost lingering around in home, house or castle, long after time and people have past them by.

And that's often how I find myself feeling now, more and more, in that whatever concept I had of America, the heartland, or heartland types, that kind of 70's generic drive in theater culture, it all seems gone now, and only exists in my head.

But again, everyone is different, there's so many factors that effect ones quality of life, the ability to engage in life, and see life as an exciting spring, regardless of age.

Some of those factors are whether or not one has

1. Love, if not loved, than life can seem grey

2. Family, if engaged in family, than again, life is more enjoyable as you tend to live life through the younger generation and their joys and awe of the world

3. Friends, friends play the role of family in keeping you up beat and positive about things, and engaged in new projects all the time

4. Health, being healthy also factors in big time.

If don't have any of the above, than can easily feel like a ghost at times, just wondering through 'Time and Space' until expired.

Right now, my Saturday nights are very 'grey', there are probably Senior Citizens that have more fun, and socialize more than I do on Saturday nights. My Saturday nights are now spent hunkered down, alone and by myself, and not really sure why.

I'm healthy enough to were could get up and out and go get into things, but chose not to.

(My situation is a bit more complex, and has to do more with 'identity', being in area where others whom look like me, embarrace the hell out of me with their behaviors and mannerism, as such even though place way more racially mixed, than where I was raised, I feel more socially isolated here than ever did where I was raised)

All that aside, 1, 2, 3, from above list, insulates 'one' from the ugly realities of life, cause when loved, have family and friends, they boost your esteem, give you confidence and as such don't have time to worry about how others view you.

Love, family and friends, insulates you from a lot of social BS, that without Love, family and friends, find self very keenly aware of.

Saturday nights can still be wonderful for those who have the above, regardless of age.
But if not, than Saturday nights just become moments of reflecting on the past and then writing about it through old pictures taken years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment